Feb. 3, 2021 ~ As you have seen in the news, the Regional Stay at Home Orders were lifted on January 25th, which placed Sonoma County back in the Purple Tier based on new cases and positivity rates.
Thursday, February 4th, the management team along with 2 residents will begin meeting weekly, via zoom, to discuss updates about COVID-19 and community life.
On-going COVID-19 Testing
– Staff: We will resume surveillance testing on all staff on a scheduled basis. The Friends House community has gone through two testing dates with all residents now testing negative.
The purple tier allows us to resume some outdoor activities. No indoor gatherings are permitted to resume at this time. We are looking into purchasing outdoor heaters to assist with outdoor activities in the winter months.
– Dining: Outdoor dining may resume with residents staying six-feet apart from other households while dining outdoors.
– Housekeeping: regularly scheduled apartment cleanings have resumed. Residents must wear a face covering and maintain social distance during housekeeping.
Vaccine Clinic Scheduled for February 8th
To our residents: Please return your completed Vaccine Consent forms to Emele by Tuesday, February 2. The consent forms must be completed by both staff (including private caregivers/contractors) and residents.
Please continue to practice social distancing, wear a face-covering and engage in frequent hand washing.
For more information on Sonoma County Purple Tier please see: https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/
Dec. 11, 2020 – Due to rising COVID-19 case numbers and hospitalizations, Sonoma County will join six other Bay Area counties and the city of Berkeley in preemptively adopting the California Department of Public Health’s Stay-Home Order beginning at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 12, 2020. The local order adopts the restrictions contained within the State’s recently announced Regional Stay-at-Home order.
Under the order, residents will be directed to stay at home except for work, shopping or other essential activities, such as medical appointments, allowed by the State’s Regional Shelter in Place Order. All sectors other than retail and essential operations must be closed. Outdoor recreation will be allowed. The new restrictions will remain in place until 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021. This order comes in response to soaring state-wide increases in cases. California cases have increased from about 6,000 per day to nearly 30,000 per day in the past 30 days. The following operations will be required to cease both indoor and outdoor services:
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Personal care services
- Movie theaters (except for drive-in theaters)
- Wineries, bars, breweries and distilleries (except for operations related to production, manufacturing, distribution and retail sales for off-site consumption)
- Family entertainment centers
- Museums, zoos, and aquariums
- Live audience sports
- Amusement parks
The County urges residents to plan on celebrating the holidays with their households in accordance with the Stay-at-Home Order and not to rely on the availability of a vaccine during December. Although a COVID-19 vaccine is expected to become available in December, it will have a limited release and not be widely available until 2021. A household is an individual house or apartment. The Friends House community is not one household. Therefore all gatherings, indoor and outdoor are on hold from midnight tonight until January 9th 2021. Outdoor activities will be allowed but only for the purpose of facilitating physically distanced personal health and wellness through outdoor exercise.